Chimney Fires & General Health Issues with Chimneys

chimney fireA damaged or defective chimney poses a serious health and or fire risk. If a chimney can not carry out its main function of carrying smoke and noxious fumes safely to the atmosphere then you run the risk of having carbon monoxide or smoke in your house.

Carbon Monoxide is called the 'silent killer' as it does not smell and is not visible. There have been many deaths in Ireland in recent years due to the build up of Carbon monoxide, the most recent a father and his two daughters in County Sligo in December 2011.

Chimney fires can be just as dangerous often causing massive damage or loss of life. Should you have a chimney fire or have any concern about possible Carbon monoxide build up then please ring us immediately for a free inspection.

 

Recent News

Call us now on 091-388614 or 091-388615 or 087-9140225

We specialise in all aspects of chimney repairs including relining, Knocking and rebuilding, plaster repairs and water damaged chimneys in the Galway area.

Contact Us >>